Question
Posted by: shaz | 2008/06/01

heavy bleeding 2 weeks after caesar

i had a c-section 22 may 2008 and i was bleeding for 1 week. I noticed again this morning and during the day that i am bleeding excessively. As a matter of fact i am wearing two sanitary towels to absorb the blood. Is this normal? I have two other children both natural births and bled for 4 weeks non stop. I was also sterilized at the same time as the c-section. could this have anything to do with the bleeding?

This does sound rather more bleeding than normal. Perhaps see your doctor to check that all is well.