Question
Posted by: shewn | 2006/04/07

heat rash

i have eat rash on my face. though the weather here in Nigeria is quite hot. When i get home after work in the evening, i scrub my face with spunch and soap, then i apply dusting powder. this i have done for about 3 days now. there seems to still be no improvement. i have an oily face.

Dear Shewn
You should try to keep your skin cool and dry - rinse your face with cool water during the day if possible .
Try to get hold of a Corticosteroid lotion - some pharmacies sell a cream called Stopitch or ask your doctor to prescribe something. You can also pat the prickly heat rash several times a day with a bicarbonate of soda solution (1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda to 1 cup water) on absorbent cotton.
Be careful not to rub your skin too hard and use a soft soap preferably with anti-bacterial effect if possible. Something like Gill or any anti-acne soap will work.

1
Posted by: sue | 2006/04/07

Dont scrub your face, wash it gently and pat dry, try and put on an oil free moisturizer (or aqueous cream). Dont put dusting powder on your face, this can only clog your pores and lead to blackheads etc - You may have excema (sp?), in which case a light cortisone cream will get rid of the rash for you. (available at pharmacies)

Reply to sue