Question
Posted by: Reinet | 2004/11/16

Heartburn won't go away

I never had heart burn. I could eat and drink everything without worrying about heartburn. I didn't know how it felt. Even when I was pregnant with twins I never had heartburn. Only in August of 2003 I started to have heatburn. It became worse and frequent as time passed. It just comes it isn't linked to any foods. Now its become so bad that some days when I have heartburn and I drink something for it it only helps for a few times and then it doesn't help at all. Things that don't help me any more is Bismorex, rennies, eno, gaviscon, "koeksoda" and I've even tryed Lemons in warm water.
What can cause heartburn like this?
What can I try?

Can it be serious?

Reinet, it sounds like you might have a hernia and the best would be to see a gastroenterologist. In the meantime you can try taking something like Zantac®. Good luck.