Question
Posted by: KC | 2005/01/10

Heartburn & Hospital bookings

I am four months pregnant, what is safe to use for heartburn? I also need to know how to go about making a booking at the hospital for giving birth. I'm looking for a private hospital, preferalby in the Southern Suburbs, Cape Town. I live in Ottery. Could anyone also tell me what the cost will amount to.

You could use Gaviscon or Gelusil. You first need to decide on your doctor and then book at the hospital he/she works at.

5
Posted by: KC | 2005/01/11

Thank you so much for your response, i really appreciate it.

Reply to KC
Posted by: mw | 2005/01/11

gaviscon is the best your gynae may work in certain hospitals so talk to him about your bed booking.Fees +\- R12000 excluding drs feesHope this helps

Reply to mw
Posted by: Ang22 | 2005/01/10

Hi Kc

after your 23 week you can make a booking at the hospital for your bed You have to go in to the hospital it cannot be done on the phone,
log onto www dot netcare dot co dot za.
you can look up private hospitals in you area under the hospital search tabs, the also give you contact numbers email addresses and address so you can inquire about prices. and the best part...once you baby is born they will post his\her very first photo on the website I think that is kinda nice

take care
Ang!

Reply to Ang22
Posted by: CHEZ | 2005/01/10

HI THERE.

SORRY DON'T KNOW OF COSTS INVOLVED. I STAY IN JHB.

TAKE A TABLE SPOON OF WORCESTERSAUCE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RENNIES IN SIGHT. DON'T LAUGH, IT DOES WORK, PROMISE.

IT BURN LIKE HELL GOING DOWN BUT AFTER 5 MINUTES HEARTBURN IS GONE. TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW.

I ALSO SUFFER WITH HEARTBURN ALOT. I AM 6 MONTHS PG NOW.

GOOD LUCK.

Reply to CHEZ
Posted by: PG Lady | 2005/01/10

Gaviscon and Rennies are safe to use for heartburn during prenancy!

Reply to PG Lady