Question
Posted by: lumka | 2007/03/18

heartburn and anaemic

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and i'm on Autrin which was prescribed by the doctor for anaemia, But my major problem is heartburn. I'm not eating oily and spicy food and don't drink acids drinks and after meal i drink a spoon of gaviscon and before going to sleep. But evey night almost around same time between 12:00 and 01:00 midnight i wake up because of heart burn. It feels like burning in my throat and when drinking gaviscon nothing helps. sometimes i vomit. Please help as this happens everynight and fustrates.

It sounds like you are doing all you can. Pressure of the uterus on your stomach at this stage causes the heartburn. You could try sleeping with the head of your bed propped up.