Question
Posted by: Jazz | 2004/01/21

Heartburn

I am relatively active, weight train three times a week and eat sensibly. I try to drink a fair amount of water through the day, but after a few glasses, heart burn sets in. Why?

Dear Jazz
I must say that I find this rather strange if you are drinking water throughout the day. If you suffer from acid reflux, the water should dilute the acid and your symptoms should improve a bit, not worsen. I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to determine if you have ulcers or a hiatus hernia. Once we have a diagnosis we can make dietary changes.
Take care