Question
Posted by: Sams | 2006/11/07

heartbeat / ICSI medication

Hi Doc!
I had my 2nd ICSI done and I'm pregnant now. Hopefully everything is okay - I'm going for my first scan on next Tuesday.
I'm on Eltroxin, Glucophage, Meticorten, 1/4 Disprin, Staminogro, Immunoglobin Injection (weekly) and Cyclogest Pessaries. I noticed that my heart seems occasionally "to overturn" itself. I think the term for that is Tachycardia. It's when I'm very busy (e.g.at work) or when I'm upset (don't laugh ;-) e.g.watching a sad movie). Should I be worried and phone my specialist straight away or is it enough to wait another week, when I go there for my scan.
I reduced my coffein intake to 1 cup of tea in the morning and I bought myself decaffinated coffee, because I thought the coffee was the reason.
Thank you in advance
Sams

Dear Sams

Tachycardia and arrhythmia are fairly common in the early stages of pregnancy and therefore should not pose undue concern. However the fact that you are using eltroxin might imply that the dose may require adjustment and alternatively the possibility of a previously undetected Barlow syndrome (floppy mitral valve syndrome) should be considered.

1
Posted by: Sams | 2006/11/10

Thank you so much!!

Reply to Sams