Question
Posted by: HARRIE | 2004/09/20

HEART STENT

11 Months ago I had an angiogram and it was found that I had a blocked artery. The cardiologist wanted to do a by-pass because it was the left main artery and he said it was in a very dangerous place, but I refused the by-pass. He reluctantly put in a stent. What I would like to know is how long a stent is successful for. Will I eventually need to have a by-pass?

Harrie, if there was just a single narrowing the stent should do the trick. You can always have an angiogram again if you get angina or your stress ECG shows up an abnormality. Good luck.