Question
Posted by: febe | 2005/06/22

heart problems

dear doc
My husband is 22 and ia family has a history of heart problems, and everytime he starts drinking he gets this pain in his chest he says it feels as if someone is pressing hard on his chest, he doesnt drink regularly and i know that drinking in the first place is bad but on occations he might drink a beer or 2 he doesnt drink allot, but the fact that he gets a pain just drinking one beer worrys me! is he to young to have heart problems?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

A thorough physical examination is advised. Consult your family physician as soon as possible.

1
Posted by: Santa'sLittleHelper | 2005/06/26

Pain in the chest from only drinking alcohol is not typically a heart source of problem, he may have a gastrointestinal problem. You can have heart problems at any age and so with there being a family history of cardiovascular conditions then he should consult his GP for a 'heart' check up which may include blood pressure measurements, blood tests and possibly an ECG to see the rhythm of his heart. So book with his GP to have it assessed properly.

Reply to Santa'sLittleHelper