Posted by: Nic | 2008/07/09

Heart prob or wat?

Hi doc,
there was a forum here 4 the heart doc but i c its closed. I dont know if u will bw able 2 help me but sum advice or direction 4 help will be appreciated. Im 19, female. sumtime last yr i started getting rapid heart beats & felt out of breath wen dat happend (im not overweight im 56kgs) The pain stoped 4 about a week & was back again but it was only wen i was stressed out 2da max dat it came back. Everything was ok untill sumtime earlier dis year dat it came back but now wid a pain so bad i wud grab my chest. Its mainly around da left side under my breast going 2 my stomach or in the middle of my chest & sumtimes under my left arm. People & my doc say im 2 young 2 have a heart prob so i went 2 my doc, he tells me its a spasm nthing 2 wori & gave me med dat didnt even help & dis past few days its reali bad. cud i have a heart prob

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Nic
You can have a problem with heart arrythmias - ask your Gp to refer you to a cardiologist for a second opinion. I think you should at least have an ECG or even a 24 hour ECG monitor.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.