Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2006/07/27

Heart pain-out of breath-heart spasm...

Hi Doc. My family and I are concerned about my dad. he has the following symptoms: very out of breath, heart pain / spasms, very miserable and depressed, off balance, not able to register or focus on coversation and is very very tired.Everything is too much of an effort for him. The pain is on the right hand side bacause I see that he holds there alot. We are very concerned and need advice.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Michelle,

Your Dad needs to be examined urgently. He may have heart failure, but what worries me much more is the pain he has, and his problems in “focusing on conversation”.

Please get him to a competent doctor as soon as possible.

Good luck.

HeartDoc