Question
Posted by: Acid..! | 2007/05/09

Heart Burn

I have been suffering from heart burn for the past 5 years. im only 20 years old. im on constant medication, altosec or sometimes pantoloc. i cant go without my pills. what can happen to the rest of my body as a result of heart burn? what can be done to stop it, without being on constant medication.

johan

Dear Johan
I think you should see a gastroenterologist - you may need surgical repair. See http://www.animatedmedical.com/Hiatushernia/hiatushernia.html

1
Posted by: Fatso | 2007/05/09

I suffer the same, but only use bicarb.. and that doesn't work all the time. I smoke, I'm 40kg overweight and drink like a fish. Very healthy nê??? If you smoke, I would say cut down, I find that it works wonders. But I would also like to hear what Doc has too say.

Reply to Fatso