Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2005/12/12

Heart / bornholms diseases

I had problems a few months ago with bornholm disease, (devils grip) No I have started geting pains again but it is different this time I feel pain in my arm aswell , but I have been under lots of stress lately and don't know if this has anything to do wit h the way I am feeling. I also feel very tired and depressed. I am 33 I do smoke I do not drink and try to eat healthy.

I am very worried about these pains as I think this is adding more stress.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Jennifer,

Bornholme’s disease is acute pleurodynia caused by infection with the Coxsackie B virus. After infection, specific antibodies are formed, so that re-infection should not occur. It is thus unlikely that you have another bout of the same illness. However, if you are in any doubt, then ask your doctor to organize a blood test.

If the pains persist, then you do need to see your doctor anyway, for a full examination, including an ECG. As a smoker, you are at risk of heart disease, so an ECG would be a good idea. Yes, not knowing what is going on will definitely add to your stress, so do try to get to the bottom of this.

Good Luck.

HeartDoc

1
Posted by: haloring | 2006/01/15

hi my name is angie i have been getting chest pain for a while now i have got m.e. which i have had for 12 years.
the pain is above my breats or sometimes in the middle of my chest the doc said its not my heart but im finding this hard to belive as sometimes i get pain also in my arm or arms aswell .

Reply to haloring