Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/08/09

Heart beats

Hello doc,

I have been having skipped heart beats for years, sometimes they are present once a month and some times every day, and mostly only around 7pm in the evening until I go to bed. My problem is that lately (for the past month), these skipped beats happens everyday, and anytime, and sometimes my chest and my left arm is sore aswell.

I have been to the doctor who did a ECG, and it all seems normal. He believes it is because I am a "highly strung person" I am so worried,all that is stopping these skipped beats, is if I am taking an ALZAM, and I can not be like a zombie during the day.

My first question, should I just leave these skipped heart beats, as they are really disturbing, or should I get another opinion?

Then If the ALZAM calms these skipped beats, is it perhaps stress related, and how much "stress" can the heart take before just stopping, because I can physically feel the skipped beat on my pulse and it takes my breath away.

I am so worried that I'll get a heart attack,as I have 3 small children to take care off.
Thanks doc

Dear Worried
I think you should get a second opinion - I would suggest that they do a holter ECG ( 24 hour EKG ) to see exactly what happens when you get these arrythmias. Stress can make your heart beat faster, but won't stop your heart.