Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/15

Heart beat

I would ask the heart Doc but I see it is closed.
I happened to have my hand on my husbands heart and felt the steady beat, could also feel that it was beating right, left, right, left, very regular and strong. Then I noticed that every 20-30 seconds it would go right, left - slight pause - left, right, left, right, hope I am explaining myself properly.
My husband has not had any heart problems and has been told by his doctor that he has a very strong heart.
Why does it "change stride" as such. Is this something to worry about?

Dear Maria
Your heartbeat is not actually 100% regular but changes slightly with breathing in and out. If he does not have any symptoms or a clear missed beat you don’t have anything to worry about.