Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/12/01

Heart attack and Smoking...

My dad had a heart attack without being aware of it. He still went to work for 2 days afterwards. After being transferred to a hospital in PTA on Monday (I'm not going to tell which one), the did the operation on Tuesday. He's suffering from "memory loss" (if I can call it that). When my step-mom went to see him, he asked her who she was. She said that she's his wife and he said he's not married. (They have been married for 15 years.) He is a smoker. I want to know if the drugs together with the loss of smoking has something to do with this.

Dear Worried
They can be confused due to the anaesthetic, the medication and electrolyte disturbances - it is usually only temporary.