Posted by: Lynne | 2009/02/02

Heart Attack?

My fiance has been having a strange shoulder pain accompanied by difficulty breathing as well. He describes the pain as if though someone is crushing his shoulder. He has been to a pharmacist who gave him a muscle relaxnant.He has been under heavy stress at work and i feel this has contributed. Could this be a heart attack or the onset of heart problems, his father died of heart complications.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Lynne
This could be a heart pain - rather let your GP do an ECG and some blood tests to exclude angina
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lynne | 2009/02/03

Thanks, yes i also found the docs reponse rather strange...thought i was being paranoid..thanks

Reply to Lynne
Posted by: Lize | 2009/02/03

:) Take him to another doctor / specialist for a full medical check-up. You want him to be with you for a very long time - so have everything checked out.

I find it hard to believe that a doctor doesn' t want to do an ECG - lol he could make extra money if nothing else.

Reply to Lize
Posted by: Lynne | 2009/02/03

Thank you Dr Bets and Lize for the reply. We went to a doctor last night. He said that he doesnt see any indication of a heart problem as yet but advised him on a few lifestyle modifications to bring down the risk factor due to the family history. The doctor said he sees no need to do any blood tests and when i asked about the ECG, he said he doesnt believe in the machine' s accuracy? The doc basically ruled out a heart attack and said that it is a panic attack.

Should we perhaps go for a second opinion.

Reply to Lynne
Posted by: Lize | 2009/02/02

Hi Lynne,

I would take him to a doctor for an ECG as soon as possible, especially taking his family history into consideration.

Rather be safe than sorry.

Reply to Lize

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.