Question
Posted by: Eve | 2008/07/08

heart attack?

I just read that heart attacks are supposed to feel different in women to men.I do not need medication for cholesterol or blood pressure although my readings aren't ideal. I am trying to be dieting and exercising- as I need to be fitter and slimmer. But I wonder if I actually had a heart attack few weeks ago that I thought was just a bug. I got up in the morning to go to the loo, felt sick, cold sweat and nearly passed out and had very deep (sort of takes your breath away) but not very sharp back pain (left side of back).Rest of that day and for several days later was extremely weak, tired, breathless, then gradually got better. Never bothered to see a doc because I improved.What do you think?

Dear Eve
Heart attacks can be "atypical" especially in older people, diabetics and women. Maybe it will be a good thing to go for an ECG - they will be able to see on the ECG if there were any damage to the heart muscle.