Question
Posted by: eth | 2008/01/16

Heart

Dear Doc
All the years when I have had an xray to check on my lungs, (I have asthma) the report would say, heart not enlarged etc etc. But after having a Nissen Repair in December, they sent me for xrays for the lungs again and I see the report now says, heart is slightly enlarged in transverse diameter. It does add that there is no evidence of decompensated left sided cardiac failure.

I have not given the report to my doctor yet. Is the above any concern? what does it mean exactly in lay man terms?

Many thanks

Hallo eth
I think you should just follow this up after 3-4 months, may just be the way the x/ray was taken, or due to swelling post operatively. They measure the heart horizontally and it only says that the measurement was slightly more than expected. There are no signs of heart failure that they can see.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: zipho | 2008/11/03

how do are get a swelling heart,what is the causeand how do i treat it?

Reply to zipho