Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2008/05/25

Hearing voices inside my head

I recently heard that when you hear voices inside your head, you get a different diagnosis than those who hear voices outside their head. I am 21 and hear voices inside my head. Could you give me a list of diagnoses that would be possible? I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder with bipolar subtype. Thank yuo

This is very complex territory, and its far from clear that there's a significant diagnostic diference related to exactly where you hear the voices. Perhaps whether you consider them entirely real or recognize them as odd is more relevant. A list of diagnoses wouldn't be helpful --- far more significant is that, presumably after a careful assessment and consideration of all relevant details, a psychiatrist has apparently made a diagnosis in your specific case, of schizoaffective disorder, and this would fit with the voices you describe, as well. We should never make a diagnosis based on any signle symptom, with very very rare exceptions

2
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/26

hi there. im just curious, what do the voices say?

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Anon-a-mous | 2008/05/26

They say that the problem is not hearing the voices, but talking back!

Reply to Anon-a-mous