Question
Posted by: Gift | 2004/10/21

hearing voices

Please help- if there anybody out there who knew about beig deaf but hearing people speaking to you -you cannot see the people that are talking but can hear them.

Expert ImageHearing Loss

Dear Gift.

I often struggled seeing people but not hearing them. You seams to have it the other way around. Maybe you have a gift.

However, I did come across people wearing hearing aids that struggled to pin point the person speaking to him. One reason this could be, is that one hearing aid is more powerful than the other. This distort ones ability to determine where a sound came from. If the left hear have a more powerful hearing aid than the right ear, you might pick up sounds that on your right side with the left ear, thinking it comes from you left side.

6
Posted by: EvangelineMBQ | 2005/09/30

Just cruising the net on this topic. I used to freebase cocaine a few years ago (not anymore!), anyhow, I started hearing voices. Well, I could actually hear my boyfriend went he was away from me getting high. In fact, I could tell him what he was saying even though I wasn't with him...Go figure. I've researched this pretty well and I do understand that cocaine has the propensity to make one auditorily hallucinate. However, if I can tell you what someone "really" said, from 10 miles away...what does that mean? And like the post previously, I still can hear when I'm around loud airconditioners, fans like the ones that come on in bathrooms, anything that has a lot of power and fills a room with noise. I don't get it but just wonder if the drug changed my hearing to being more sensitive to different sound barriers?

Reply to EvangelineMBQ
Posted by: Wendy | 2005/09/27

Hi I know what you talk about. These voices almost sound like ghosts or something like that. You hear it in your head, but you cant make out what its saying. Wonder if its angels or demons :)

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: treetopflyer | 2005/09/22

I used to work for the airlines as a mechanic. My hearing " I thought was tested fine" must be deminishing. My problem is that when I hear running water or "white noise" I hear voices. I can't make out what they are saying, but it sounds like I'm in a crouded room. Has anyone experianced this, or am I going insane? By the way, they don't seem to answer back.

Reply to treetopflyer
Posted by: Killer | 2005/05/26

Chief

Perhaps u have some kind of gift u need to find out from traditional ppl u could have important mesg sent to you by one of these voices.What i can say listen very carefull what these voices says....and seek traditional or religious help.

Killerman

Reply to Killer
Posted by: Hello | 2004/11/05

Maybe it could be passed voices reacurring, or mybe you are regaining your hearing.

Reply to Hello
Posted by: Feath | 2004/11/02

Hey, I can relate to that. My sense of direction as far as sound is concerned is hopeless. In a crowded room, I give up completely! I often joke and say - If I can't see you, I can't hear you!! It seem to break the ice and people start making an effort to make sure they have my attention before speaking to me.

Reply to Feath