Posted by: Sasa | 2010/10/15


am a 38yr old female. My parents discovered that I have hearing problem when I was 5yrs old. I used a hearing aid on my right hear. By the time I turned 30 my hearing has detoriated that I now hearing aid on both ears.
Now it is so bad to an extent that if I take them off. I cant even ear my baby crying next me (in the cot)
I haven''''t seen a ENT for years now, only the acoustian.
Do you think that I will be eventually be completely

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Sasa

You most defenitely need the advice of an ENT at this stage, as it would be important to decide if your hearingloss is only sensori-neural in nature, or if there is a conductive component as well. Your ENT can then decide if you only need close follow up, or if you may benefit from surgery, or if you require the imput of a cochlear implant team to advise on your future management. Most forms of hearing loss can be dealt with very effectively, and it is in your own interest to know what type of management would be most suited to your type of hearing loss.
Only then can you make an informed decision on your way forward.
A rough guideline is that you need to have the strongest aids available, and if your aided hearing is sufficient, you do not need any intervention at this stage.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.