Question
Posted by: Concerned Partner | 2004/11/22

Hearing loss subsequent to mumps infection

My partner is 33 years old and he had mumps infection more than a month ago. He subsequently developed hearing loss in the right ear. 2 weeks after the mumps were healed he had tonselectomy. We were under the impression the hearing loss would automatically be healed after the mumps and tonselectomy but he still cannot hear anything. Its now almost 2 months since the mumps and 3 weeks since tonselectomy..

Expert ImageHearing Loss

Dear Concerned Partner

You question would be best answered by the forums Hearing Care Expert as she would be able to supply you with expert advice. As this is a peer forum regarding hearing loss, you can use this forum to share your experiance with others and I might be able you give you valuable tips along the way.

I hope you partner regain his hearing. Good luck