Question
Posted by: Ninni | 2004/10/21

Hearing Loss

My daughter is 3 years old. As a baby she often suffered with middle ear infection. Recently she also had an ear infection which perforated her ear drum. This was 6 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I took her back to the doctor and the the hole has not healed yet. The doctor said that I should give it about two more months.Lately when I talk to her, she often asks me to repeat the question. Could this be a sign of hearing loss? Please advise

Expert ImageHearing Loss

Hi Ninni.

The fact that she often ask you to repeat questions is definately a cause for concern. I found that whenever I had middle ear infection, it became harder to hear until the infection was cured.

I cannot comment on the three months, and would suggest you forward the question to CyberDoc. Three months does however sounds a bid long.

A word of encourmentment though, when I was young, I often had earinfections, however it seems like one outgrows it as you get older, which was definitely the case with me.

2
Posted by: emmy | 2004/12/30

Please are there dangers to my hearing abilities in my using my earphones to listen to music on my personal disc player?I'm 20.

Reply to emmy
Posted by: Health24 | 2004/10/21

Thanks for your question. Will you please post this question to CyberDoc or our Hearing Care Expert? These experts will be able to help with the medical aspects of your problem.

Reply to Health24