Question
Posted by: Denise | 2004/10/21

Hearing apparatus

My Mom has been using hearing aids for quite a while, Oticon, and now Beltone. She says that they only last for 3 years and are very expensive. Who must she go to to get the best testing and which hearing aids are the best.

Expert ImageHearing Loss

Hi Denise

I had found that prices of hearing aids is directly related to how much hearing one have. The more severe you hearing loss is, the more powerful hearing aid you will need; the more expensive they become.

I am no expert when it comes to the longlivity of hearing aids, but my personal experiance is I've been wearing hearing aids up to 7 years with no problem. The only reason I've replace them as I want to try out a new technology. I need to add though, that I did send the hearing aids for a service once a few years.

The most serious threat I found to the longlivity of hearing aids is; The Dog, The Microwave and the Swimming Pool. :)

3
Posted by: Melanie Costa | 2005/03/10

My Mom has been using hearing aids for quite a while, and now BELTONE.
She says that they only last for 1year and are very expensive. The batteries last only for 3 days(rayovac acoustic special 312), what could be the problem?
PLEASE HELP!!!!
We have already sent the hearing aids away - twice----, but still no positive result.
Who must she go to to get the best testing and which hearing aids are the best.

Reply to Melanie Costa
Posted by: Feath | 2004/11/02

How come the Microwave?

Reply to Feath
Posted by: Glynne | 2004/10/21

Are there any hearing aids (digital on the market) besides Oticon that are cell phone comptable but do not have a problem with whistling on the phone/cell phone.

Reply to Glynne