Question
Posted by: Karen | 2002/12/11

HEALTHY SNACKS?

Hi DietDoc! Please could you help me wth examples of healthy snacks that I could have during the day?

Dear Karen
I must really get round to writing an article on healthy snacks one of these days. Eat fresh fruit, dried fruit and drink fruit juice (dilute with ice in summer). Any wholewheat bread or snack bread with meat extract or peanut butter (if you are not slimming), rice cakes, nuts, popcorn, fresh vegetables like carrot sticks, celery, baby tomatoes, low-fat yoghurt or artificially sweetened milk drinks, cheese cubes, and cottage cheese.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: Emma | 2002/12/11

Ask for Karen Protheroe's book "Skinny Snacks" for Christmas (around R80, so not too expensive). It's a great book with loads of ideas. Obviously all the usual are good: fruit, small amounts of dried fruit, fruit rolls (careful of the sugar coating!), Mebos, smal amounts of nuts, low fat cheese and crackers, yoghurt - again, low fat variety is the best. I am sure Diet Doc will fill in the rest.
Have fun!

Reply to Emma