Question
Posted by: BEAUTY | 2013/01/29

HEALTHY SCONES

hi doc
CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE INGRIDIENTS IV USED IS RIGHT FOR MY SCONES AS IM ON MY WEIGH LOSE PROGRAM. I''V USED HIGH BRAN WHEAT FLOUR, LOW FAT MILK,TWO EGGS,HALF CUP BROWN SUGER, WITH A BIT OF CINAMON. AND EATING TWO FOR BREAKFAST WITH NOT ALL BRAN. IM SO INLOVE WITH SCONES PLS HELP...

Dear Beauty
I presume your are asking if the ingredients you use to bake your wholewheat scones, are fattening or not? and not if they will work to produce good scones that look and taste good. I think you asked me about scones round the 18th of this month? At the time, I mentioned the basic ingredients for scones and that this would not produce a high-energy food. I remember that I did not include half a cup of brown sugar. Let's say this is 150 g of sugar, then you would be adding 2430 additional kJ to the product. Please try using one of the artificial sweeteners instead to keep the energy content low and remember not to eat too many and not with heaps of butter/margarine, jam or honey, or peanut butter, of nut paste, etc.
Enjoy