Question
Posted by: mag^girl | 2005/11/21

Healthy relationships

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 4 years. For about 3 of those years, our relationship was great. Lately, however, we have been arguing a lot - to the point where we are not communicating properly and are becoming resentful towards each other and don't feel the same love towards each other any more.

He has specific reasons why he feels this way, but I cannot fully grasp the concept that things are going wrong. In my mind, we have been making progress, but according to him things have been getting worse.

I recognise that I do have some psychological issues to sort out - do you think this may be the primary reason for our troubles? I know I need to sort myself out, but will it help my relationships, or should he be supportive regardless? I know I have treated him badly, but love him very much. This seems to be a pattern - he claims I treat my mother the same way. Any suggestions or recommendations?

PLEASE KEEP MY EMAIL ADDRESS PRIVATE

SOunds as though whatever these problems are, they are curently a bit beyond whatever you two can manage on your own --- so why not see a relationship / marriage counsellor to work on this together ?

1
Posted by: Tango | 2005/11/22

Hi there,

You admit that you have some issues to sort out and perhaps you should seek some counselling for that. These things do have an impact on our relationships. Its not nice to be told that you behave like someone else if that persons behavior is damaging but, its maybe a good thing that can get you motivated to do something. If you love this man and he wants to help you through this then I think you must do all you can to get to a better place with him. Good luck.

Reply to Tango