Question
Posted by: Terecia | 2007/11/27

Healthy food a school tuckshop

I am opening a school tuckshop I need ideas re healthy foods to sell and prepare for learners can you help me re suggestions? Many thanks.

Dear Terecia
For more ideas about healthy snacks and school lunches, click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the various articles on diets for school children, ideas for lunch packs, etc. The most important factor for each choice of food that you sell in your tuckshop is: "Is this a healthy food that is not loaded with empty kilojoules, or fat, or sugar or artificial colouring, preservatives, etc?" You may have to put in a lot of effort to make healthy foods for the children (tuna, cheese, chicken rolls with salad, fresh fruit, bran muffins) but it will be worth it in the long run.
Good luck with the new tuck shop.

1
Posted by: anel | 2007/11/28

I would give a lot of healthy ideas, like nuts and raisins and oat cookies, yogurt drinks, fruit hampers, healthy seedloaf or wholewheat sandwitches, popcorn, dry fruit,...

Reply to anel