Question
Posted by: Carli | 2007/02/22

Healthy?

I am trying to maintain my weight of 56kgs and have been eating the following each day:
fruit in the a.m.
100g baked pretzels or popcorn or some peanuts and raisins (depending on what i have bought) at about 11am
yoghurt at lunch
sometimes another fruit later in the day
A proper meal at night, e.g. macaronic cheese, liver etc. I do not enjoy veg so dont often eat it.
My question is is it ok to eat the above almost daily?

Dear Carli
Although there is nothing wrong with any of the individual foods you are eating, your diet is not really balanced and one of the most important principles of a balanced diet is variety. If you want an example of a low-fat, balanced diet for either losing or maintaining weight then click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy. You can increase the sizes of the portions if you find that you are losing weight on this diet. You will see that the diet includes more servings of fruit, salads, milk or yoghurt and wholegrain cereals and starches.