Question
Posted by: Momzy | 2007/03/18

Health Walker

I just bought myself a Health Walker and would like to know how long I should workout on it. I am 46 years old and would like to lose 18 kilograms. I have been walking for a while now but would like to start a program using my Health Walker. Please advise.

Where you start is quite tricky, because everyone is different and so some people could possibly handle double the duration and load of others, so there's no one correct answer to this one.

Ultimately, where you need to be heading is for 45 minutes a day, at least 5 times a week. But you can set that as your goal for about 2 months from now, and then begin the process of building up to that point. That may mean you start off with 3 days a week, 20 minutes a day for now. And that's fine, as long as you are doing something. Then, as you get fitter, increase this to 30 minutes, 3 days a week, then 4 days a week for 30 minutes, then 35, 40 and 45 minutes. Or something along those lines - as long as there is a progressive and fairly small increase, it will be OK. The risk is going up too quickly, and burning out or becoming injured. So be mindful of that and don't make huge increases. But I'm sure you'll be ok if you stick to 5 or so minutes increase per week.

Good lcuk

1
Posted by: Momzy | 2007/03/22

Thanks for the good advice. I will let you know how I progressed in the next month and also will let you know if I lost any weight. Is there a chance that you can let me know what type of diet or what type of foods I am suppose to have that will help me to lose weight so that I do not hit the wall if I exercise on my health walker.

Thanking you in this regard.

Reply to Momzy