Question
Posted by: cindi | 2004/10/14

Health Walker

I have bought a 2nd hand health walker and am not sure if I am using it correctly. I don't have a manual. When will I see results? Can you give me a list of exercises to use with Health Walker?

Hi Cindi

From what I know about the Health Walker, there's not much in the way of technique. I'm sure that afficianados will say there is, but to me, it's like walking, you just have to get on and go for it. What you do on it is far more important than how you do, in my opinion.

So, for exercise programmes and how to go about the training, my advice is that you go to the Fitness page of the Health 24 site, click on "Programmes" and then on either "Shape up" or "get fit with Josie". Both these are programmes designed to be done in your own home or at the gym, and they offer different levels. My advice would be to take something like the cycling or running training and transfer it directly to the Healthwalker. So, if the day calls for 30 minutes easy walking, then do 30 minutes easy Healthwalking.

The only important thing is taht you do it regularly and consistently and for a sustained period, which is where these home exercise machines often fall short - having this level of convenience often causes people to exercise in a frenzy for a month, and then stop for 11, and so on, and that's what you need to avoid.