Posted by: lee | 2008/06/23

Health suffering-hard physical labout

My mom is 55 years old, due for pension at 60. She does hard physical work at a big institution. Recently, she was told by a doctor and was told that she's short of bone marrow in her knees. She does complain of knee problems.
Because of the pronness to accidents that the nature of her job exposes her to and the irreparable damage to her physical functioning that she may have due to a work-related accident, I've suggested that she resign but she's worried about not getting a package with full pension benefits from her employer. What are her chances? & does the diagnosis bind the employer to consider giving her a disability package or something like that/

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

If your mother can not do the physical work then she should get a specific doctor certificate advising the company she cannot do it. I do not believe that she should resign if the matter is that bad then she should apply for a boarding from the pension fund.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.