Question
Posted by: Amy | 2007/04/13

Health Measures

I am a 37 year old female, 1.57m tall and weigh 54kg.

I recently had my readings taken and my results were as follows:
Blood preassure - 122/78
Cholestral - 3.21
Glucose - 4.2

This was taken during the day at a health expo.

Any comments on my readings ?

Thnx

Hi Amy

they are all in the normal range, but that alone doesn't really tell you too much of value. The key is what they do over a prolonged period and sometimes (only sometimes) you have a situation where a once off measurement can be misleading. Not that I'm suggesting that in this case, that's up to you to decide. But there's nothing abnormal about your readings. Your weight is fine, everything is fine. What you need to do is evaluate your general health status - do you feel healthy and fit and stress free. Do you get ill often? Because there are many things that a measurement doesn't tell you. And what happens is that you can be 'healthy' according to these measured criteria but not according to some other, unmeasured variable. So it's important that you are aware of this and assess honestly for yourself whether you feel healthy. As they say, age is just a number, well to extend that, health is a state of mind, not a list of numbers.