Posted by: anxious | 2004/10/11

health advice

I know this is a querry for cyberdoc, but you guys here know what your'e talking about.
I am always dizzy, have headaches; and just above my belly button I have a pain that won't go away - especially after a doze of shouting from partner.. Could this be as a result of always being anxious - due to stresses at home?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Thanks for the compliment, anxious,
Anxiety and stress, from whatever cause, can typically produce exactly the sort of symptoms you describe -- and of course, because one tends to worry about the symptoms, perhaps feeling sure that they must be due to some awful physical disease, this increases the tension, and then the symptoms. Check out our material on anxiety elsewhere in this Health24 site. Dizziness and headaches are typical, as are a rapid pulse, uncomfortable breathing. Anxiety usually includes muscle tension and spasm, which causes pain, so it can produce pains in any area of the body that contains muscle ( which is most of us ) ; we vary as to where in our body we most "stote up" our tensions, and thus where we usually feel more sore.
See a counsellor to deal with the stresses with your partner, and maybe see a shrink or GP for the TEMPORARY use of a medication to reduce the effects of the stress, and see how many of these unpleasant symptoms gradually disappear.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/11

Hi A,

This may be from stress, but from my experience, stress usually shows up around the back muscles or neck area, which could very well lead to the headaches, but I could be wrong here as well.
Do you not feel that it would be better if you went for a consultation to your GP who would take the necessary steps to diagnose you properly? This in itself may just relieve some of the stress of wondering what maybe causing these symptoms.
As for the shouting from the partner, would you not say that it maybe emotional abuse. If so, then I would suggest you maybe seek professional guidance in the way of counselling?
Tackle first what you know is the problem, then go from there.

As I said, I may be wrong here, so please wait for a response for our dependable CS.


Reply to Shaun

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.