Question
Posted by: anxious | 2003/02/21

HEALTH 24 ETIQUETTE

Dear Cyber Doc & Health 24

I noticed recently that Health 24 has been forced to impose stricter rules regarding use of the Sexology forum, because of the appalling abusive, rude and trouble-making behavior they have recently been receiving. They mentioned that, if this abuse continues, they might be forced to prevent the public from posting any comments on the queries, only allowing the doctor to answer the question. It is shocking that some people seem to get fun out of causing trouble on a forum such as this, thus possibly preventing people who have genuine medical questions/concerns from using such a useful site. Why aren’t similar rules implemented on the other forums, putting a clear message to the public that rudeness, abuse or troublemakers will not be tolerated? Obviously the Sexology site is one which Health 24 cannot afford to have some of the abuse which they have been having lately (which, they shouldn’t have had to start with), but I feel that similar rules should still apply to the other forums as well. Health 24 should have the right to, and, delete any rude, abusive or offensive postings.

Both your comments would be appreciated.

Anxious, it’s not really a problem on my page, but it used to be when I answered all the sex questions too. Some people never grow up and as soon as they hear the word sex, they feel the need to say something (which they think is) funny. This is usually because they’re uncomfortable about their own sexuality, which of course is a sad thing. In the days when I still had the live chats (something I’m thinking about doing again, by the way), I had to ban a lot of immature people from the room because they couldn’t partake in an adult conversation like adults. Anyway, that was my two cents worth. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Paul | 2003/02/21

True but sexology would obviously get 99.9% of the abuse.

Reply to Paul