Posted by: LC | 2009/01/08

Headaches (previous question 1380)

Dear doc, my husband went to see the doctor yesterday, and said that the symptoms sound for him like an brain aneurism. He did take x-rays for the sinisitus and are treating him therefore but said if he' s not better next week Wednesday, then he should go for an cat scan. I tried to search aneurism' s but does not understand it, can you maybe tell me more about this and should we be worried, what is the treatment, would it help. Are there any success stories after surgery. Which doctor is the best in that field? I am at work and cries the whole time because what I could understand doesn' t sound good. What should we do, please help. I can' t loose him. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

a brain aneurism is an enlarged blood vessel in the brain ( it looks like a little balloon in the blood vessel) and it presses on the surrounding brain tissue. It is often something that you are born with that slowly gets bigger over time but can also be caused by high blood pressure, injury, infections or arterosclerosis ( hardening of the arteries due to high cholesterol). It is not always necessary to operate but if something shows up on the scan, you will be referred to a neurosurgeon with experience in the management of aneurisms.
Keep me posted!
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.