Question
Posted by: JAX*$ | 2007/03/08

Headaches/ migranes caused by dairy?

Hi there,
I find i get sever headaches/ migranes everytime i eat chocolate, drink milk, yoghurt etc. Does this mean i am lactose intolerant?
Is there anything i can do to help or do i just avoid the above mentioned things?

Many thanks Jax

Dear Jax
No this is not signs of lactose intolerance but dairy does cause migraine in some people - rather avoid. I find the soya milk powder you buy at Dischem ( "Nature's ?something" in a plastic bag with a picture of a grassy field on) to be the best tasting of the lot.
See http://www.scienzavegetariana.it/nutrizione/pcrm/pcrm_migraine.html

2
Posted by: Kerry | 2007/03/09

Hi Jax

Eliminate dairy for a week and see how you feel. If you feel much better try soya/rice milk.

Reply to Kerry
Posted by: jax*$ | 2007/03/08

Thank you.

Reply to jax*$