Question
Posted by: Siobhan | 2007/05/22

Headaches & fever in my 9 year old daugh

My child does suffer from headaches which have now been diagnosed as occuring because of low muscle tone & scoliosis. Her headaches have gotten better however over the last two days she has been complaining of severe headaches, tiredness and now she has a temprature of 37.5 degrees orally. It is very cold here at the moment & she has been complaining of freezing when the rest of the family is dressed warmly & are only mildly cold. Do I need to panic or could she just have slept funny (she had a very sore neck this morning when she tried to turn it) & that could be causing the headaches? Not quite sure what about the slightly elevated temp though?

Dear Siobhan
Rather take your child to the doctor especially if she is nauseous, have a rash or can't bend her neck to put her chin on her chest - tonight still if possible.