Question
Posted by: Linda | 2003/02/26

Headaches and hair loss

I am writing on behalf of my daughter who suffers from Stogardts (degenerate eye disease). She is 19 years old, and has been suffering alot with headaches which last for full days at a time. She has currently got 5% and 9% peripherial vision. could the headaches be as a result of her eye problem ???

She also suffers from major hair loss, she has long brown hair, and when brushing comes out in handfuls.........any ideas ??

She is very health conscious and keeps fit by doing gym 4 or 5 times a week, and also watches her diet carefully.

your advise would be very gratefully recived.

yours sincrely
Linda Evans

Linda, the eye disease may definitely be the cause of her headaches, but I doubt that it is the cause of her hair loss. I wrote something on hair loss a while ago and I’ll send you a copy if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Read it and let me know if you have more questions or if you need something explained. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.