Question
Posted by: Lise | 2008/05/22

Headaches!!!!

Good day,
I have a long history of headaches (I remember episodes in grade one). In 1998 my GP got so tired of me and my weekly/daily voltaren injections and complaints (none of the x-rays he took, showed any problems), that he sent me to a neurologist in PTA. They found an anorism on my lift side. I was operated on and for a while everything went ok. In 2001 I again visited a neurologist because of my migraines. He gave me some tablets that worked really excellent and I have since then only had occasional migraines. The past six month though I have been having constant headaches again. Also, I have this vision problem happening as well. It seems like the room is drawing to the centre. My eyes are also pulling inward. I also cause me to be a little disorientated.
I have had a headache this whole past weekend and on Sunday night I was also severely nauseous. On Monday morning I had a little episode: I seemed like some one was flashing a light in my eyes. It felt like a hot sensation in the brain and again, my eyes “pulled in”. It lasted only for a few minutes and afterwards I seemed fine. I felt like I was on a very “high”. It felt like I was very drunk. I was disorientated. After another hour I was plunging into a very low. I wanted to cry about everything and anything. I also had a severe headache at this time. I went home from work and felt very tired. I made an appointment with a neurologist in PTA. After several tests, EEG, sonar’s and a RT scan, he diagnosed me with stress related headaches and said the episode on Monday was a migraine. He also said that headaches were not curable and that I have to learn to live with it and my panado’s.
I do smoke but only very little. I do not have a stressful work situation; at least, the weekend before the “migraine episode” was very quite. I have had no troubles and did very little, not even shopping.
Should I be scared after the last migraine episode?

Dear Lise
Migraines can cause neurological symptoms. There are certain conditions that you need to exclude - if you gnash your teeth while sleeping, if you don't bite correctly or if you have neck muscle spasms, this can all lead to chronic headaches. Maybe it will be worth your while to visit the headache clinic in Sandton as they look at all these factors. Physiotherapy also makes a huge difference as treatment for neck muscle spasms.

1
Posted by: maya | 2008/09/09

Please can you tell me what kind of tablet may i take for a headache that i get in my face on the left side of my eyebrow. I am on the birth control for past 4 years now, and this is my first time that i am getting this headache.

Please email me a.s.a.p. back please

Reply to maya