Posted by: Stashi | 2007/04/19


Hi There
I have been Suffering with headaches for the past year or so.
I always thought it was due to Sinusitus, as thats where the pain is, my cheeks and above my eyes.
I went to the ENT and he did an MRI and no sign of infection, only slightly swollen sinuses, he said nothing that caould cause pain!
He suggested I take anti inflamatories and if that does not relieve the pain, he wants me to see an Neurologist!
I cannot carry on like this anymore, the pain is effecting my life, I cannot exercise and I am miserable and moody because of the pain!
This last visit to the ENT etc has cost more than R2500, my medical savings are exhaused. Where do I go

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Stashi
Do yourself a favour and go to a physiotherapist first - lots of times this is caused by muscle spasm in the back or shoulders or face that give referred pain - and they are much cheaper than the specialists. If she finds nothing wrong, you can ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.