Question
Posted by: Stashi | 2007/04/19

Headaches

Hi There
I have been Suffering with headaches for the past year or so.
I always thought it was due to Sinusitus, as thats where the pain is, my cheeks and above my eyes.
I went to the ENT and he did an MRI and no sign of infection, only slightly swollen sinuses, he said nothing that caould cause pain!
He suggested I take anti inflamatories and if that does not relieve the pain, he wants me to see an Neurologist!
I cannot carry on like this anymore, the pain is effecting my life, I cannot exercise and I am miserable and moody because of the pain!
This last visit to the ENT etc has cost more than R2500, my medical savings are exhaused. Where do I go

Dear Stashi
Do yourself a favour and go to a physiotherapist first - lots of times this is caused by muscle spasm in the back or shoulders or face that give referred pain - and they are much cheaper than the specialists. If she finds nothing wrong, you can ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist.