Question
Posted by: mickey | 2005/07/26

headaches

i have suffered with headaches for many years and every time i see a doctor they do the trial and error bit. but nothing seems to help. i have even gone the herbal route that has worked well but i feel that i can't take herbs/medicines continuously. if i have to think of causes then i can rule out things that i eat. could it be more a hormonal thing? if so how can i fix it?

Dear Mickey
As I am the Diet Expert I cannot really advise you about hormones, but you can ask CyberDoc or the Gynae on this Website if they can suggest which hormones could be causing the problem and what to do about this.
Foods that could trigger migraines include avocado, biltong, cheeses, and red wine. Low blood sugar levels could also be a problem so discuss this with your gp when next you for a checkup.
Hope you feel better soon