Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2005/05/21

Headaches

I get headaches frequently, almost always they start at the base of my scull and contine to the top of my head, at times the pain is UNBEARABLE!! Ive tried everything over the counter,,,tylenol,asprin,alieve,motrin,migrain meds,flexeril,vicodine, nothing seems to help,,,any suggestions. Ive had an MRI and MRA about 3 yrs ago and everything was normal. I did have to abdominal surgeries last year, diverticulitis erupted, left with a colostomy and I had a colostomy reversal 5 months later, could the headache be an effect from that??

Jenn, it sounds like muscle tension headache, but I suppose the diverticulitis and operations might play a role too. If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I’ll send you something I wrote on headaches – maybe you can work out what the problem is. Good luck.