Question
Posted by: Sleepy Head | 2007/02/19

Headache related to too much sleep?

Every 4-6 weeks I get this urge to sleep right through a day. It happened this weekend where I totally missed the Sunday (slept from 18:00 Saturday to 07:00 Monday). I do wake up every now and then, then simple turn around and go into another sleep session. It is like I cannot get up as all my muscles feel weak, my head aches terribly and sometimes I break out in cold sweat. I also don't get hungry at all. My question relating to this forum is this: Is it normal to get headaches from too much sleep? Thanks in advance for your advice

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Sleepyhead,

One cannot get headaches from too much sleep. On the contrary, if you have frequent headaches, it may affect your quality of sleep, so that you then feel sleepy during the day. The headaches may be causing the sleepiness.