Posted by: anon | 2009/04/28

Headache clinic and medical aid

Hi there

I would like to come in to the headache clinic at some point for help with my frequent headaches, but I would like to find out if my medical aid will pay for this? I' m on the comprehensive plan with AECI, and in order for me to go to a specialist I must have a referral from my GP and get pre-authorisation.
For an initial consultation, will I need to see any specialists? And if so whom? (I need to supply practice numbers for pre-authorisation) Are your patients normally able to claim from medical aid, or do they end up paying for treatment themselves? Any information regarding this would be hugely helpful!

Thank you...

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Anon,

If you call 0861 678 911, they will give you all the necessary information

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.