Question
Posted by: liz | 2005/06/13

Headache, blood in faeces

A friend has had recurring migraines, but I assume its because he doesn't eat properly and drinks coke with brandy. I suspect that he might have a gall stone, since he has passed a bloody stool? Oh he is 45 and had a part of his colon removed.

Liz, I doubt that the bloody stool is due to a gall stone. If it is red blood it is probably due to haemorrhoids, but it might also be due to an anal tear or abscess, a fissure, polyps, diverticula, inflammatory bowel diseases and even tumours. The best would be for him to see a doctor and make sure. Good luck.