Question
Posted by: Jo | 2004/11/05

Headache associated to Marvelon

I have been using Marvelon contraceptive pill for nearly 2 years. I started using it in the UK and had no problems until returning to South Africa and using Marvelon from South Africa. I get migrane like nausiating headaches for two days just before my period. Sometmes they are debilitating. I have never experienced headaches before and am not to sure what to do? Is there another product of the same strength that one can try? What can yo recommend?

If you are having true migraines, particularly if they are associated with an aura, you should not use the Pill at all. I would suggest that you first be assessed by a physician.