Question
Posted by: RDGS | 2003/12/10

Head banging - Is it bad for my neck

Dear Doc,

I love metal music and love to head bang - quite hectically.
Lately my neck has been acting strangely. It clicks when I move my head. I'v also had muscle painful spasms in my neck from time to time.

For now I have tried my best to stop head banging, which is hard as I love to head bang. Will chiro help in anyway?
Is head banging bad and how bad?

This might sound strange, but its part of a culture that I'm used to.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Well, your head and neck were definitely not designed for any "head banging" - you will develope serious problems if you persist in this unusual exercise if I understand you correctly. Do see a chiropractor and gain his advice as soon as possible.
Take Care

1
Posted by: m | 2003/12/17

You have a better chance of getting brain damage. Why would any normal person want to do head banging. Grow up!
Your brain must be loose in your skull

Reply to m