Question
Posted by: sister | 2004/02/12

he was unfaithful

My sister is going through a tough period. Her husband on 18 years confessed that he had an affair. She is brave enough to try and work on her marriage (i would have left him immediately), but she is going through a very tough time. She feels that she might cope if they both went their own way. She has tried a psycologist but this does not seem to help. Can you advise a support group / on line or telephonic which she can contact for women who have been through the same situations. Maybe even a book she could read to understand what he was thinking. She is very sexy, beautiful and supportive yet he had an affair with an ugly women that has tried breaking up previous marriages. I need to help her anyway I can - please im desperate

If anyone knows of a good support group ( especially if sister can let us know WHERE her sister is located ( town, province ) then please post the contact details for such a group. I still think, even if the first attempt didn't work out best, that marriage counselling with FAMSA might be worth trying.

2
Posted by: Carmen | 2004/02/13

Tell your sister that she's not the only one. My husband of 23 years has done the same and to worsen the situation, he has fathered a child with the younger women. We are also trying to work out our marriage. We still love each other very much. It was just one big mistake and I feel he deserves a second chance. I am going up and down with my emotions and sometimes I feel it is a dead end. It is always worth it to try and save a marriage, though it will never be the same again. She is very lucky to have a sister like you. I can only talk to my mother and my husband because the whole thing is a big secret. I have 3 other children and I dont want them to know about this. I am devastated. Things like that happen in life and I can sometimes understand why it happened, but it does not take away the sorrow. I think I must also go for counselling, but I don't know where to go. Would like it if she can discuss her feelings with me. My case is under nr 6926. Affair with. Keep well. Carmen

Reply to Carmen
Posted by: eve | 2004/02/12

try a book called chicken soup for the womans soul, this might help

Reply to eve